April 13th – 15th 2012
Take your Creative Work to the Next Level!
Restore – Recharge –Reinvent
Have you longed to unplug at an artist’s retreat in the Italian countryside, but don’t think you can afford it? Here’s an offer you can’t refuse. From aperitivo to dolce, we’re bringing a little bit of Italy to Williamsburg, VA.
Your Italian weekend begins on April 13th at 6 PM with a welcome aperitivo and lasagna dinner. This will be an opportunity for you to share samples of your art and get to know your fellow travelers.
On Saturday and Sunday you will enjoy our activity “antipasto” platter. We will help you to:
- Focus on what you need to move your creative work forward.
- Create a roadmap to get your art to the next level.
- Rediscover the heart of your talent and where it can take you.
- Hear from other artists and industry experts on trends, effective marketing , and fresh ideas.
- Experience il dolce far niente - the sweetness of doing nothing –escape with a massage, take a walk, meditate, enjoy a cup of tea or read an Italian fashion magazine.
Using journaling, collage and other artistic forms of creative expression you’ll learn how to focus your energy and talent on the business side of art. This event is the perfect opportunity to create a plan to get your work out into the world, launch something new or completely reinvent your art work.
Key ingredients in our antipasto platter include:
- Creating space – learn the secret of the power of subtraction.
- Developing your “success” vision – what does being a successful artist mean to you?
- Developing your unique brand – what makes you stand out in a crowd?
- Your art is your story – you’ve got to tell it to sell it.
- Sales strategies – art shows, galleries, online stores or exhibitions – what combination is right for you?
Piatto Principale - The Main Course
When your Italian creative retreat is complete on Sunday at noon, you will be recharged and ready to go. You will have:
- A blueprint for your unique masterpiece.
- A clear vision of what you want to accomplish.
- A creative action plan.
- A renewed commitment to your art and your business.
- A fresh perspective on the importance of daily practices.
To sweeten this retreat we will include:
- Two nights lodging.
- Meals, including lasagna, a pizza party and other Italian goodies.
- Creative business tool kit for artists valued at $24.99.
- Italian movie night.
All this fun, learning and great food is only $250!
Our Italian Villa for the weekend is the Holly Lodge at the Williamsburg Christian Retreat Center, 9275 Barnes Road, Toano, Virginia 23168.
Your guide for this event is Nancy Giere of NGlassworks and Fusing a Fuller Life. She combines business savvy with artistic sensibility, Sicilian style and humor. She will share her experiences as a successful glass artist, coach and small business owner to help you to take your creative work to the next level. You can learn more about Nancy at www.nglassworks.com or www.fusingafullerlife.com. Check out her video on YouTube to get a taste of her presentation style and humor.
Click here to register for this event, or contact:
Nancy Giere – email@example.com – 757-250-3337
Denise Wynn - firstname.lastname@example.org - 757 871-2069
*Retreat price is based on 2 people per room. Massages and other services are not included in the cost of the retreat.